Monday, January 16, 2012

Sixteen days into the new year

I just "lost" another commentary with pictures on blogspot.  I'm discouraged about the reliability of blogspot.  I was having computer problems earlier today, so perhaps that is a clue, so I'll make this short. 
      A friend and I went to the ceramics studio, Artesa, to investigate the possibility of buying ceramics for our homes.  Eduardo Vega is a Cuencano who designs ceramics for practical and artistic purposes.  These are the pictures of the pieces in the gallery at Artesa.  
This is a very popular design used in many local restaurants.
These are pieces in the gallery that are not for sale 
and are examples of beautiful artistic works. 



Women who produce the ceramics:

 


 My friend and I returned on a Friday when "seconds" are for sale for ~ half price.  These are pieces that I purchased.
Probably a serving dish; I use it for flowers.
Soup bowls
Busy day (by choice) for me and I'm tired . . . my first guest, Anne (a Peace Corps Volunteer from the city of Riobama is arriving tomorrow).  I'll close for now . . .

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your new finds... they are just beautiful. I hope that your visit with Anne is a pleasant one. Take care and thanks for keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete