Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cuenca: new home, beautiful new home


Second day in Cuenca . . . after a very noisy night on Calle Larga.  The young people really like to party on Friday night!  My friends (George & Robin) & I are staying at the Hostal Del Mundo overlooking the river.



We had a whirlwind 3 days in Quito with great sightseeing & a frustrating time for me trying to get my visa registered.  After getting some documents certified by the Ecuadorian Consulate in L.A., notarized in O.C., certified by the County & apostillized by the State, I thought I had enough documentation, but there's a new rule that states I have to register my visa in Quito within the first month of arrival.  There's lots of conflicting information (& lack of info) concerning the residency processes, so I've ask a tour guide in Quito to help me.  And I may have to hire a lawyer which I was hoping to avoid.

Here are more scenes from a river walk that we enjoyed today (sorry, I couldn't get them to place where I wanted them--I'm new at this).  At the right are the numerous stairs that descend from Calle Larga to the river.









A beautiful Sushi Restaurant
Example of the street art

Blue Monday Restaurant where we had lunch (& where I ordered 2 lunch items because of my lack of knowledge of the Spanish language!) 

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to Cuenca, hope you all continue to have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy! Looks like a fantastic time so far! Can't wait to hear and see more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos... what an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please continue to keep us posted. You deserve this great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous...wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete