Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Art in all forms: Here are some that I have seen in Cuenca

Paintings:  Archeological Museum -- I really loved this one

Colorful!




Wood sculptures by a father and son from New Zealand.  They recycle wood that would have been thrown away and make these wonderful pieces.  The son spoke English and spent a lot of time telling me the stories of each of the pieces of sculpture.  He and his father are on the way to Peru to work in a hotel that will use recycle wood for the beams. 
Turtle was carved from one piece of wood.

My favorite:  the butterfly 


Music:  The wonderful group that played at the celebration of expats at the Cuenca Chamber of Commerce. 
Note the man in the middle playing the largest pan flute that I have ever seen.  









DanceExuberant dancers (university students) at the expat celebration.
Dancers in the Independence Day Parade
I have lots more pictures to share, but blogspot drives me crazy trying to arrange themThe people, places and things of Cuenca are outstanding in their color and variety.  The artistry is amazing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment