Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cuenca is getting ready for the holidays


Blog 1 of 2:  I can't get this one organized as I would like, so to be continued in Blog 2.


I saw an advertisement for ballet; something that I hadn't experienced in Cuenca, so I went to the auditorium, paid my entrance fee and surprise, it was mostly very young children.  A fun experience and took me back to when my daughter was taking ballet lessons at about this age.

(These little ones were dressed as bells; sorry for the blurry picture)
Another cooking class with tasty food and a holiday drink of fresh blackberry juice:
 

Friday evening friends and had dinner and went to the Cuenca Symphony; an outstanding performance with a full string orchestra and a choir of young people who were very strong and wonderful singers -- another (wow) free performance.   
 
Saturday was the First Annual Jingle Bell Trot (previously a Turkey Trot had been organized).  We each donated $3 to a school and walked/ran the two miles to a building that was purchased and restored by the University of Cuenca.  The bottom floors and an outdoor patio are a bar and cafe.  The upper floors are offices for the professors.  The University of Cuenca is across the river.



Participants of the Jingle Bell Trot on patio enjoying coffee and a pastry


As I started my walk to the market today, I saw a mini - parade; this was the "float" with baby Jesus -- a real baby -- a very contented baby! 

























No comments:

Post a Comment